LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, October 8, 2009

10. October 8

Oh it was a flawless autumn day today, my favorite sort of weather! Half of our campus, it seemed, was out on the quad soaking up the sunshine. I was out too, with a book on my lap, but I was busier reading the crowd than the text before me...

Cast of Characters Observed On the Quad:
  • Two boys, two guitars
  • One man, one child, one stroller, one very awful plaid shirt
  • One young man who had the appearance of a poor Russian poet, his bicycle, and a group of friends with whom he was planning a weekend trip to Raleigh
  • A handsome guy with curly hair and a nice smile who works at the library whom I can never work up the courage to talk to...
  • A hippie who knows everybody, including the aforementioned handsome face
  • Three groups involved in games of frisbee
  • A couple involved in some passionate making out for most of the afternoon, much to the laughter of the Russian poets' friends
  • A photographer whom I see all over the place with his serious camera and serious camera bag and a serious expression  (I wonder what he sees behind his lens?)
And now, I give you, the quad.
 


Quote of the day:
"If you feel like it, come with me. I will tell you a story. I'll show you something."
~ Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
(I just began this book today and I'm quite excited about it!)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I enjoy people watching as well; I just love that you wrote down what you saw. Summon the courage to talk with handsome boy :) What's the worst that could happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha the make-out couple! Always good for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete