LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, October 22, 2009

24. October 22

Forgive me, but life was just too beautiful today!

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by how blessed I am! Life is just so good. To be young at this time and in this place is truly an unusually excellent experience. Occasionally I fear that life simply can't get any better, and that these really are the best years of my life. Its like that line from "Total Eclipse of the Heart," 
"Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years has gone by." 
But then I think of all that lies ahead of me and I am quite sure these fleeting years of youth are far from the most life has to offer. I look at my parents, at my brother and his wife, and at all the young couples I know and I think how excited I am to someday have the experience, God be willing, of being a wife and a mother. There are no two experiences I desire more than these.

I do not fear growing old, even if the later years of life seem to me now a little bit beautiful, bittersweet, and sad. I love what Agatha Christie had to say about those years,
"But there is a great deal left. Operas and concerts, and reading, and the enormous pleasure of dropping into bed and going to sleep, and dreams of every variety... Almost best of all, sitting in the sun--gently drowsy... And there you are again--remembering."
 I think... life in its entirety is beautiful beyond understanding. And I for one intend to relish every moment of it.
I am done rambling now and with great pride present the picture and quote of the day. And technically this quote will be the third in the post, but don't let his bother you okay? Consider it a bonus.



"Happiness is the ultimate realization that everything was, and is, exactly as it should be."
~ Paul from The Netherlands

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky... it looks like it was a cold day. great quote/goals/dreams and i like your "news" @ the bottom.. good touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture!
    Lovely attitude!
    Super blog!

    ReplyDelete