LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

339. September 1

Hello September. Today actually felt September. There was an ever so slight chill to the morning air that seemed to whisper, autumn. I adore autumn. I'm ready for it. So September, hello, and welcome.

One thing I will miss about summer is the abundance of fresh fruit. I am a passionate lover of peaches, plums, nectarines, raspberries, and oh yes, strawberries as well.


Today, as is often the case, the picture and quote show two different facets of being; the picture illustrating my physical participation in life, and the quote reflecting the preoccupations of my mind.

"By the time I was twenty it was clear to me that I was good for--and good at--nothing else. I hated every job I had...picking cucumbers, hoeing beets, selling popcorn, life guarding, waitressing, selling Kentucky Fried Chicken...I knew if I were to have any chance at all for happiness in work, I had better throw myself at the writing life."
~ Louise Erdrich (when asked why she decided to become a writer)

No comments:

Post a Comment