LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

360. September 22

First day of fall.
My room is a mess, it's been a long day, and I'm a little on the cranky side.
But I woke up to the most beautiful morning. I love sleeping with the window open and waking up with the sun to find the morning breeze billowing through the curtains and to hear the birds outside. Of course, it also means hearing sprinklers, dogs, passing cars, and whole hosts of other noises throughout the night, but it's so worth it. Thank goodness for fall, and weather still warm enough to wake up to the sound of birds.


And thank you to Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book for supplying yet another quote of the day.

"What can I do? I can talk out when others are silent. I can say man when others say money. I can stay up when others are asleep. I can keep on working when others have stopped to play. I can give life big meanings when others give life little meanings. I can say love when others say hate. I can say every man when others say one man. I can try events by a hard test when others try it by an easy test. What can I do? I can give myself to life when other men refuse themselves to life."
~ Horace Traubel

No comments:

Post a Comment