LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Saturday, September 18, 2010

355. September 17

Friday night out on the rowboat with ma and pa. 


Wow, only ten days left with you, dear reader, and then my days of twenty are up. This is fortunate because I've run out of inanimate objects in my home to photograph at a quarter to midnight, but also a shame because I've only just discovered Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book. I found Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book, published 1923, in a thrift shop today. The cover page describes it as "CONTAINING THE INSPIRED AND INSPIRING SELECTIONS GATHERED DURING A LIFE TIME OF DISCRIMINATING READING FOR HIS OWN USE." In other words, it is a truly unique and valuable collection of quotes and poetry gathered from a lifetime of reading. For example, today's quote of the day:

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a prettier shell, or a smoother pebble than the ordinary, whist the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
~ Newton

And check out this Elbert Hubbard quote, posted here, last November.

No comments:

Post a Comment