LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

113. January 19

It has been argued, in a grossly unjust fashion, that quotations are a crutch for the feeble-minded with which to express themselves. I dare say that is a blatant falsehood. It takes a mind of sharp wit to evaluate the worth and appropriate placing of quotations. It is vain to think that perhaps one always possess the ability to say it best on their own. It takes a humble mind to submit to the words of others when one's own words fail. Dismissing the use of wit by others is as ridiculous as dismissing the use of words by others. Quotes, my dear friend, when not used vulgarly or cheaply, are not for the faint of thought.

This lovely book here was given to me some years ago by a good friend of mine, Danae. I doubt she remember the gift as it's been years since it was given. A few years back I took to filling the pages with quotes from books, poems, lyrics, and articles that struck me as particularly brilliant or relatable.This little book is quite the treasure to me.



A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool. 
~ Joseph Roux

No comments:

Post a Comment