LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Saturday, January 23, 2010

116. January 22

Campus. I openly admit the aesthetic appeal of this campus was one of my chief reasons for attending school here. I think it was a pretty dang good choice.  
 
Every summer a Shakespearean festival is held in the theater you see in the background of this shot. Although I have seen many a play there, I have yet to experience Shakespeare. I suppose I'll have to give it a shot this summer.



"In narration he affects a disproportionate pomp of diction and a wearisome train of circumlocution, and tells the incident imperfectly in many words which might have been more plainly delivered in a few."
~ Samuel Johnson, in speaking of Shakespeare

Finally, a man of brilliance who isn't in love with Shakespeare.

1 comment:

  1. It is funny because he is saying Shakespeare used too many words while he himself is using too many words. I know a few people that use too many words.

    ReplyDelete