LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Sunday, May 2, 2010

215. April 30

This lovely pile of junk is all destined for the thrift shop. It is the result of an afternoon of deep cleaning my bedroom. What is in this massive heap you ask? Dresses and jewelry I always wanted to pull off but never quite could, useless knickknacks I've forgotten the significance of, frames too ugly to be hung, a homemade skim board I never actually used, dozens of leis acquired from who knows where, old magazines I've already read, books I don't want on my shelves, and relics of childhood that deserve a new home.

 
"Clutter and mess show us that life is being lived...What people somehow forgot to mention when we were children was that we need to make messes in order to find out who we are and why we are here." 
~ Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

No comments:

Post a Comment