LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, July 8, 2010

282. July 6

Bolstered by the joy of my bike ride the previous evening, I began this morning with another bike ride. It was, in one word, delightful. I brought my camera along, of course, and just had to capture the beauty of flowers growing wild on the edge of field. I am cheered by any and all flowers that manage to survive or thrive in this desert heat.


"Associate with the noblest people you can find; read the best books; live with the mighty. But learn to be happy on your own."
~ Professor Thomas Davidson, as quoted in Education of a Wandering Man

Learn to be happy on your own. I love that phrase. It's not suggesting learn to be happy alone, just simply on your own. Happiness, lasting happiness, cannot be bestowed upon you by an outside source. It's something you have to learn to acquire on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment