LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, July 8, 2010

283. July 7

I took a day to enjoy some of the finest pleasures life has to offer: food, books, theater, and nature. Because, dear reader, I cannot share with you the taste of the croissant club sandwich I enjoyed for lunch, the thrill of finding just the book I wanted, nor the felicity felt while watching 39 Steps, I offer you only a view of nature.




"One can be so overwhelmed by the forest as to miss seeing the trees."
~ Louis L'Amour, Education of a Wandering Man

Do you ever have those days when, after a rush of sheer satisfaction, you find yourself irrationally cranky and irritable? It as though the other side of life's coin is saying, it's my turn now. I'm trying to be better at recognizing when these moments arise so I can thus control my attitude more effectively. In the meantime, I apologize to those who see me when I'm on the losing side of the battle to stay on top of my moods.

1 comment: