LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Sunday, July 18, 2010

291. July 15

This, dear reader, is a good day, a very good day indeed. I have been called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Russia Moscow Mission. What this means is that for eighteen months I'll be teaching Russians all about the gospel of Christ--in Russian. Crazy, huh? So, I guess I'd better learn some Russian and buy me some long johns. Oh, dear reader, I'm so excited to share the gospel. I've wanted this day for a very long time. Thank you to my marvelous family and friends for so much warm enthusiasm and encouragement. It means everything to me.

Sharing the good news via Skype and speaker phone with the family.


"Just be one more voice to say that God lives and that this is His work. That will bring satisfaction."
~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

And happy birthday to my beautiful mother. I love you, Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Sister Owens,

    You are so fantastic. I am so happy for you. You will be an amazing missionary! Love you lots :-)

    Love, Sam

    P.s. Remember all those days we froze walking to school in 6th and 7th grade? I hope your tolerance to cold has increased ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Val! We are so proud/excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait does that mean you'll have to learn some russian ? wow that'd be quite impressive cause it apparently is not easy language to learn and master. anyway I'm sure you'll nail it :)

    When do you leave ?

    ReplyDelete