LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Saturday, July 24, 2010

300. July 24

Day 300. 65 to go.

In Utah, today is a holiday, Pioneer Day/ 24th of July/ Utah Day/ Whatever You'd Like to Call It. Basically, it's a celebration of our pioneer ancestry, as well as our statehood.

And what did I do with it? I accomplished Life Goals and Ambitions #67, bullet point 5, Find Navajo Lake. It was more of a pickle than I thought it might be, but a pickle of the most delightful variety.

To get directions to Navajo Lake, my exploration crew and I stopped at a visitor's center near this viewpoint:


Shortly thereafter, I was then able to successfully find this beautiful lake.


Mission accomplished. My heart felt infinitely happy.

Thanks, pioneers, for establishing this beautiful state. I mean this sincerely. I love Utah. And I have a love for those pioneers who came here so many years ago. It is to you, pioneers, that I dedicate my quote of the day.
Above and beyond the epic historical events they participated in, the pioneers found a guide to personal living. They found reality and meaning in their lives... A few did turn back. But the great majority of the pioneers went forward to a heroic achievement in this life and to eternal life in the life hereafter. Francis Webster, a member of the Martin Company, stated, “Everyone of us came through with the absolute knowledge that God lives for we became acquainted with him in our extremities.”
~ President James E. Faust, "A Priceless Heritage"
And to you, dear reader, goodbye for a week. I will be exploring the wilds of Idaho. I promise to return with many beautiful pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Rock, oh lonely rock
    Float and become something more.

    ReplyDelete