LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, August 5, 2010

312. August 5

A favorite spot of mine for lunch as well as the instigator of my love for really, really good soup.


“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr. 


I first read this quote, handwritten on a poster on the walls of a middle school creative writing classroom. It's long been a favorite of mine. I suppose I could liken this unto Judd's, where the employees create soup even as Michelangelo created art.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss this place. Yummy yummy. I kinda miss you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay. So Matt, Cash, & I REALLY miss you. So glad that we got to see you!

    ReplyDelete