LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Monday, February 22, 2010

147. February 21

I like being a girl.

I love getting dolled up.
I love hairspray, makeup, and perfume.
I love chick flicks and sappy songs.
I like to flirt. I like to be courted.
I want to be a wife and mother.
And I want to celebrate my femininity.
This doesn't mean I'm not driven, intelligent, and confident.
It certainly doesn't mean I'm weak or feeble minded.

I just think it's fabulous to be female.


"[Her] work taught me that you could be all the traditional feminine things -- a mother, a lover, a listener, a nurturer -- and you could also be critically astute and radical and have a minority opinion that was profoundly moral." 
~ Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment