LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

176. March 22

I've pretty much moved into the campus library.
I've also accepted the fact that I will never be caught up on all my school work. Ever. And that is okay.

Life is simpler in the library. There is no need to deal with other people. There is no messy apartment full of delightful distractions. There is no sink full of dirty dishes. There are no unpaid bills. There are no worries of summer employment. Nothing demands for time and attention other than the schoolwork on the table. The rules of the schoolwork are clear and clean cut. The work may be difficult, but the contained nature of it makes it manageable. The best part of the library is that after my work is done, I can pull a book off the shelf and devour it with pleasure until the library closes. Life is just simpler in the library.


"...I used to haunt my local library...I was an awkward  child, ill-fitting, uncertain, and I loved my local library with a passion."
~ Neil Gaiman, "Newbery Medal Acceptance Speech"

No comments:

Post a Comment