LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Friday, April 9, 2010

192. April 7

Dear Sue,
I came across your bowling ball, alongside Carol's, in a thrift shop the other day and I want to know why. Have you given up bowling? Is it merely boring to you now, or do you just find you lack time? Perhaps, is it that aged and shaky hands can no longer throw a strike? Or, dare I say it, are you still alive to think about things as trivial as bowling balls? I hope if you bowl no longer, you still have your scores posted upon the wall or tucked away somewhere. And, I hope if you've moved onto another life that there is bowling there, too.


"That is the sort of people they were--very interesting people, and I think of them so often, in such queer places, because one will never see them again, never know what happened next."
~Virginia Woolf, "The Mark on the Wall"

No comments:

Post a Comment