LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, April 29, 2010

213. April 28

What can be done with one fabulous eyeshadow pallet and other fun resources, one talented young lady, and a handful of roommates as willing guinea pigs? Well, I'm glad you asked.




It was my last night in my apartment with these lovely ladies. Highlights of the evening: Amber's makeup skills, dinner at Panda Express, CD's of epic nature, Lori's baby pictures, Maddi's mugs, the "bouch," and the thousand details that make my roommates who they are and the semester into what it has been. These ladies make goodbye a sad and strange thing to say. Thank you, Apartment #3, for a fabulous semester. And now that's it all over, the schooling aspect of the semester seems almost secondary to all the rest of it.
I hate long posts, so now, onto the quote of the day.

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
— Neil Gaiman, The Sandman Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones

(Thanks Tiana for a few of these shots!)

1 comment:

  1. Great photos :-)

    I hate goodbyes ~ but I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete