LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Friday, April 9, 2010

194. April 9

And suddenly, it's spring.

It's the strangest thing how the season seems to have tumbled in out of nowhere. Suddenly, the sun is up before I am and stays up past seven. Suddenly, it's time to pull out the shorts. Suddenly, there are daffodils. Today, I sprawled out on the lawn and read in the sunshine for a delicious hour. Today, I tagged along on a hike up the canyon. Today, I wore a skirt. And tonight, I'm watching a movie outside on the roof with roommates.

I love spring.

Even more than spring, I love this little guy, my nephew, Cash. Cierra, I hope you don't mind me sharing this picture. I didn't know babies smiled in the first week. I don't know why I never this, but I find this detail, in itself, is more of a miracle than all the wonders of spring. He looks so much like his dad's baby pictures in this one. I am so in love with this kid and I've never even met him, and this love is also a beautiful miracle.


"You have to wonder how many other things you think you know, but you don't. I love this feeling in the air, this edge, like something is about to happen."
~Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

1 comment:

  1. I kind of see Cierra in that little grin and in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete