LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, June 10, 2010

254. June 8

My Grandpa S. has been playing bachelor for a time while his sweetheart is recovering from surgery. Mom and I had the chance to clean up their home today and iron a few of Grandpa's shirts.  I simply love going to Grandma and Grandpa's home, even if Grandma can't be there right now. There is always such a feeling of warm peace within this home.

I am grateful to have the family that I do. I am grateful for opportunities to serve. I am grateful for the recent turns that life has taken. I am grateful to be employed. I'm grateful to be busy. Most of all, I'm grateful to be happy.


And I'm grateful for this little quote:
"Think about your particular assignment at this time in your life. It may be to get an education, it may be to rear children, it may be to be a grandparent, it may be to care for and relieve the suffering of someone you love, it may be to do a job in the most excellent way possible, it may be to support someone who has a difficult assignment of their own. Our assignments are varied and they change from time to time. Don't take them lightly. Give them your full heart and energy. Do them with enthusiasm. Do whatever you have to do this week with your whole heart and soul. To do less than this will leave you with an empty feeling."
 ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley, Small and Simple Things

No comments:

Post a Comment