LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

275. June 29

Long post. Sorry for my recent garrulous nature. If you aren't a fan of my commentary, skim the post for the pretty pictures. If you aren't a fan of my commentary or my pictures, the world wide web is a big place and surely there is somewhere else that can please you.

Smatterings of a Tuesday in June:

This is a field I passed this morning on my way to a job. My first thought when I pulled this photo up my computer tonight was, life is so good. Utah's skies need no editing and this photo needs no further commenting.


 Reading L'Amour's memoir at sunset at the park. Gods of the library, please forgive me for marking up your beautiful book. It was, let me assure you, quite necessary.


The quote of the day is again from L'Amour. It may not mean much to you, dear reader, but if L'Amour had come to me in a dream and spoken these very words to me, I do not think they could have hit me harder than they did on the printed page.

"There are so many wonderful stories to be written, and so much material to be used. When I hear people talking of writer's block, I am amazed. Start writing, no matter about what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on. You can sit and look at a page for a long time and nothing will happen. Start writing and it will."

In a somewhat related note, I now want to marry a man like the young Louis L'Amour.

And, let me take a quick moment to wish my parents a happy 26th wedding anniversary. I hope to one day have a marriage as happy as theirs--with my young Louis L'Amour, of course. I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have parents who are still in love with each other. I love that Dad and Mom still hold hands everywhere they go, go on dates every weekend, and kiss each other goodbye everyday. The world could use a great deal more spouses, lovers, friends, and parents, like this couple.

(Photo taken 6/20/10)

Lastly, I'm digging the awesome Live Traffic Feed on the sidebar. Check it out. I'm intrigued, dear reader, by all the locations from which you come. I wonder what your stories are. Do you like reading books at sunset, eating toast at midnight, or walking the beach at dawn? Are you a lover, a dreamer, or a wanderer? What, I wonder, makes you tick? And how did you ever stumble upon this humble little blog?

Midnight already. So much for getting my faucet of writing flowing tonight. 

Dear Brain, 
Please retain your beautiful stories until a time when I have a free hour to write them out. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Me

Dear Me,
Keep your blog posts shorter. Then maybe we'd have time to write.
Sincerely,
Your Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment