LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, June 17, 2010

263. June 17


"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am, I am, I am."
~ Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

Yes, Jeremy, I recommend The Bell Jar. The novel is a simple, beautiful work that demands neither shock nor sympathy, but merely the attention of its reader. Tif, please, if you never read another book, read Little Women. Don't give up if it gets off to a slow start. And you, dear reader, get your hands on a copy of Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine. Quick, before the summer is over. Read it. Relish it. Please. It's important to the heartbeat of your summer.

1 comment:

  1. yes ma'am. that will be my next read.
    the bell jar is quite beautiful.

    val.
    have you read extremely loud and incredibly close? because if you haven't. you should.

    ReplyDelete