LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, June 10, 2010

255. June 9

I went on a sweeping rampage of my own bedroom today. The pragmatist within me stripped the mirror of the quotes and snapshots that lined it, removed the calendar of sunrise/sunset times from its place by the door, and the magnet board from the wall. My inner sentimentalist watched quietly. The pragmatist unscrewed a little shelf with coat hooks from the wall and threatened to toss everything that had been on it--paper mobiles, Christmas ornaments, key chains, and such. The sentimentalist within me objected only when it came to the dried corsages. Useless? Yes. But beautiful? Yes. The sentimentalist won out--for now. Both the pragmatist and the sentimentalist agreed to deal with the shoebox of dried corsages another day.


I'm complicated, sentimental, lovable, honest, loyal, decent, generous, likable, and lonely. My personality is not split; it's shredded.
~ Jack Paar 

No comments:

Post a Comment