LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

65. December 2

Dear reader,
I promise the entire month of December will not be all Christmas posts.... just most of it.

12 days away from moving home.

Today I began a new journal, perhaps preceded by, oh, a dozen others I've filled in the last four years.
Each journal kind of marks a new chapter for me, and this new journal, falling twelve days before a move back home, will certainly see me through many a change.
I just wonder what events will fill its pages.

It was also the last day of a few classes here at the university. I'm starting to feel a little melancholy about leaving this beautiful place.

Jordan (I think I previously referred to him as Mr. H, sorry, I get my characters confused), and I wrote St. Nick tonight. I asked the jolly old man for three things; a good job to see me through the rest of college, money to see me through the next semester, and a first edition copy of Little Women to see me through life. Why not dream big? Well St. Nick, that's not all I'd like for Christmas.

Dear Santa Claus,
Merry Christmas, Santa Claus. I'll admit, I haven't been the best girl I could be this year. I have been blunt, foolish, hasty, unkind, and lazy all in the last year at least once, if not many, many times. But I'm trying to be better. And I've got a few things I hope you don't mind me asking for. Will you please simply to assure me that whatever is coming next is going to be beautiful? It would be especially nice if you could give me a glimpse of what's in store, perhaps just let me read the last page of this current journal. Will you also help me decide what it is I want out of life? Santa, if there is a career out there for me, will you drop a few big hints in my path as to what it is? Will you kindly give me the confidence to know that I can handle whatever is coming next? I know this is a lot to ask for, so if it's too much, the first thing I asked for, the assurance of beauty in things to come, would be great. And, maybe, you can help me be a better girl for next year. Thanks Santa.
Merry Christmas.

Love,
A believer

What's on your Christmas list this year, dear reader?

Sorry, this picture isn't the best (you can kind of see the camera), but I do so love Christmas trees. I promise you prettier pictures to come. My family had best have their tree up for the season. I can't wait to see it when I come home.




Don't feel left out, reader, but there are some days where the quote and picture I share with you is different from the one I keep for myself. Sometimes that may be because the picture is blurry or the quote is long. Other times, things are personal or unexplainable. And tonight, I'm just plain finicky. I don't know why you need to know that. I just think I should be upfront with you.


Anaïs Nin has some amazing quotes. Google her. I could give you quotes upon quotes of hers that have powerfully struck me, tonight or at some other point in life. But for tonight, just one.


"There is not one big cosmic meaning for all; there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person."
Anaïs Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment