LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

77. December 14

 Dear Asheville,
I miss you already. Thank you for the sunny send off. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful last day. I will forever remember you as home to some of the best days of my youth.


 
 I am always awed when I manage to find a quote that encapsulates the exact emotion I feel but do not have the words to express. Thank you, Azar Nafisi. This is beautiful and the truth of it makes my heart ache.

"You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, I told him, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again."
~ Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books
 

No comments:

Post a Comment