LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Sunday, December 6, 2009

69. December 6

This is the picture I want to show you tonight: Darla's baby, Elijah, with dinner all over his face, and still looking so beautiful, with those blue eyes yanking at your heart. Oh, I just can't get over those eyes.

This is the story I want to tell you: One of beauty, friends, adventure, and the bittersweet feeling of knowing it has to all be left behind for something different.

The picture and the story don't seem to match up. And that's okay.

Elijah, I'd try writing you a letter, telling you about what's ahead, about how life isn't easy, but it's so beautiful. Just one problem;I haven't lived enough of life yet to write you that letter. I'll get back to you on that one, little guy. Good luck out there.





"At this rate, I'd be lucky if I wrote a page a day.
Then I knew what the problem was.
I needed experience.
How could I write about life when I'd never had a love affair or a baby or even seen anybody die? A girl I knew had just won a prize for a short story about her adventures among the pygmies in Africa. How could I compete with that sort of thing?"
~ Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment