LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Saturday, December 19, 2009

81. December 18

Genuine cotton, from Utah's Dixie.
Awesome.

A week until Christmas.
Even more awesome.

I haven't had time these last few weeks to really consider Christmas and now that there is only a week left to build up to it, I kind of feel gypped, like I missed out on the season. I hate for the Christmas season to end. Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. And the day after Christmas? It's one of the saddest.

What does Christmas have to do with cotton? Not much.

Tonight, my friends and I were playing a game and the question came up of which book has had the biggest influence on their lives, scriptural text set aside.
For me? Hands down, Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott. For my friends? The TimeTraveler's Wife , Siddhartha, the Harry Potter series, Breaking Dawn, and Mere Christianity were a few that made the list. Well, maybe the Harry Potter and Twilight series aren't making my list of books to read, but the others have definitely been added.

What would you say is the book that has had the biggest influence on your life; scriptural text set aside?



"I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself."
~ Marlene Dietrich 

What does this quote have to do with cotton or Christmas or books?
Absolutely nothing.
I just like it, that's all.

Thank you for allowing me to indulge in unrelated delights.
And please, think about the book question.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Probably Keys of the Kingdom by AJ Cronin

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book with the most influence is "the last lecture" by Randy Pausch. I jst finished it. It totally made me cry and inspired me to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd meant to comment on this sooner; I just had to think hard to come up with a non-scriptural book that had a big influence on me.

    I read a lot of fiction - but I can't say it's changed me much; a good thing, I think you'll agree, considering how much John Updike I've read over the past 15 years.

    So, I wasn't going to admit it, but here I go: Computational Differential Equations by Claes Johnson et al. I know...sounds crazy...but other than the Bible it has had a much greater influence on me than any other book.

    ReplyDelete