LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Thursday, December 3, 2009

66. December 3

For the past couple weeks, I've been helping out with the opening and closing some cold frames here on campus.
They are sort of like mini greenhouses; boxes of soil with glass lids that need to be opened in the morning and shut at night. It's kind of fun to finally start seeing growth, the green push its way out of the dark soil. Nobody told these little plants it's winter, so they just keep growing.

I had the chance to attend an open mic night tonight, where a few friends performed (and did awesome). I'm not one prone to stage fright, but I'm also not one to ever put myself out there like that. I really admire it.

Sometimes, I think I play life a little too safe. Sometimes, I wish I was more like the plants in the cold frame or the performers on stage--both willing to stick their necks out in the cold, not knowing the outcome.
There is too much of life you miss out on for the sake of staying comfortable.



"Fate loves a rebel."
~ Arabian proverb

2 comments:

  1. I have two things to say to this, 1. I have recently discovered I hate playing it safe. I so much prefer to live on the edge. 2. Fate Hates me, If I rebel it hates me, If i mind my business it hates me, Fate and the universe just plain old hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Heaps, fate does not hate you. Nor does the universe. Trust me, they've both got good things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete