LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Friday, November 6, 2009

39. November 6

What a beautiful day!
How lucky am I to be living this life I've been given?

Three pleasant occurrences (and bonus photos):

FIRST
After class today, I could help but be tempted by the thick, crisp carpet of November leaves on the grass. I kicked up a huge pile of leaves. Passing students smiled as they watched those leaves. I could practically see the inner child in them eager for a good jump. Despite several personal invitations, no one would give it a jump. I waited until I was relatively on my own and enjoyed a few delicious moments jumping and sinking into the bed of leaves. The crinkling leaves enclosed all around me sounded like the first sparse raindrops of storm. I felt so alive! It seemed a shame to leave this nice big pile of leaves all alone, so I left an invitation next to it.



I passed that same way later that day and was delighted to find the imprint of someone who had accepted my invitation. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

SECOND
Walking back from my jaunt in the leaves, I was greeted by some terrifically cheering chalk art, signed Liz O'Hare. Ms. O'Hare, I hope you don't mind me posting your beautiful art. I just loved it so.



I  don't know how well you can read it, but written in yellow is the words "live in the moment." I love this reminder. There is a saying that goes something like this: Remember the past, consider the future, but live in the present. So often I get too caught up in what's coming next. I am constantly counting down the days until this or until that. I often spend more time fretting over the coming days than living them. I need to remember to slow down and let each day take care of itself. So, Ms. O'Hare, thank you for the beautiful reminder to live in the moment.

THIRD
I had the opportunity to visit the Columbia temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is a picture of this beautiful temple that *gasp* was taken in September and not tonight. But what the heck, I'm already breaking all my unwritten blog rules tonight, so what's one more broken rule?



I've been feeling the slightest bit blue lately--a little homesick, but mostly just tired of present circumstances and frustrated with the silliest things. Going to this beautiful temple tonight reminded me of how fortunate I am to be in this time and this place. God has a plan in mind for me and I just need to trust Him that things are as they should be. I also need to remember not to wallow when I am feeling down. I am so grateful to be member of the Mormon faith and for the hope my faith gives me of beautiful days to come.

Quote of the day:
"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
~ Gordon B. Hinckley, "Stand True and Faithful"

Also, I'm going to try to create links to books, poems, and other works referenced in my quotes of the day, just for you, dear reader.

1 comment: