LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Friday, November 27, 2009

59. November 26

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's Gratitude List
(The Last One)
  1. I am grateful for friends to spend Thanksgiving with. Thank you, Leslie and Robert for the meal. And thank you, Kyu, for wonderful conversation over Thanksgiving Dinner.
  2. I am grateful for the phone conversations I was able to have with my family. Love you, family.
  3. I am grateful for virus protection conquering horrible viruses on my little laptop.
  4. I am grateful for a lazy night I had do as I pleased.
  5. I am grateful for cereal, particularly the cheap variety.
  6. I am grateful for the blanket the Springer family gave me for my birthday. It has proved to be a most useful gift.
  7. I am grateful for time alone to read poetry out loud as long as I'd like, particularly the works of James Tate and Adrienne Rich.
  8. I am grateful for plastic cutlery and Styrofoam bowls.
  9. I am grateful I like my own company. I know that sounds kind of silly, but me and myself, we get along pretty dang good. 
Thanksgiving 2009.
I'm sorry I don't have pictures of the actual dinner to offer you. Picture turkey, salad, fruit (real fruit!), stuffing, and ice cream. Picture lots of friendly faces. Good picture, right?
Last night, I indulged in the guilty pleasure of watching movies all night. I admit, rather pathetic, but oh I enjoyed it. I watched Barbra Streisand light up the screen in Funny Girl. Isn't Streisand fabulous? Next was a very, very condensed TV viewing of The Wedding Singer, which was okay. And then a little Grey's Anatomy. Since that's the first I've ever seen of the show I was a little lost. Finally, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Louis Armstrong in High Society, the remake of also star-packed The Philadelphia Story, with Katherine Hepburn, James Stewart, and Cary Grant. Its hard to say which of the two was better. The cast of The Philadelphia Story seemed to fit the characters better, but the musical twist to High Society was delicious.

There's something about old movies that the movies of today just can't match up to. Why am I telling you all this? I forget. I think I could give you a whole blog on good movies, books, and poetry. Hey, come to think of it, I've already got one to share poetry with you. Check it out here.

And now, this picture may seem totally unrelated to anything, which it is, but my apartment is FRIGID this weekend, and so I've spent the whole weekend bundled up in this sweater. Besides, there is only so much photographic creativity I can muster out of these four rooms of this apartment.



"--this is where I live now.   If you had known me / once, you'd still know me now though in a different / light and life.   This is no place you ever knew me."
~ Adrienne Rich, from An Atlas of the Difficult World

No more typing. My hands are freezing. Its about 66 degrees farenheit in here, two degrees warmer than when I began this post. And the more I look at that picture the more I dislike it, so I'm just going to post it before I replace it with an awful shot of a peanut butter jar aside a box of Cheese Nips.

No comments:

Post a Comment