LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

57. November 24

Today's Gratitude List
  1. I am thankful to be done with classes for five whole days.
  2. I am thankful for scriptures and hymns and other things that soothe my soul.
  3. I am thankful to a professor for spending over an hour to work through a paper of mine.
  4. I am thankful for my sister and the conversations have. Oh do miss her. 
  5. I am thankful for online dictionaries.
  6. I am thankful for rare moments of silence and solitude and a few days ahead of me that I have to enjoy both.
  7. I am thankful, always thankful, for free food. Free food--isn't that one of the most beautiful paring of words in the whole English language?
  8. I am thankful for good hair days.
  9. I am thankful for my belief in an afterlife and comfort this provides me.
Three words of the day:
  • Moxie: Courage, determination
  • Nefarious: Flagrantly wicked or impious
  • Sketch: Shortened form of "sketchy." A term used to describe basically any noun, that is of dubious character. Example: That unmarked van parked in the shadows is so sketch.
Bonus points if you use all three words before Saturday. Feel free to share riveting tales that come about as result of your newly enhanced vocabulary.

And now, the picture and quote of the day.

Currently I'm reading The Ghost Soldiers by the most excellent James Tate.
How about you? What are you reading?




TWO quotes today, because I'm feeling nefariously indulgent.

"It wasn't the door I was looking for, but I opened it anyway."
~ James Tate, "The Wrong Door," The Ghost Soldiers

"Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the moments we don't."
~ Awesome quote on Amy's blog
(I'll link that to her blog, if she'd like me to.)

Happy Birthday Sarah.

1 comment:

  1. you can if you want to. I started reading that quote and thought, where did she find that I thought I made it up, but then I saw you got it from me.

    ReplyDelete