LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Saturday, November 14, 2009

47. November 14

In the mood to blog, and because this is my blog I think I will. Makes since, right? If you are just here for the promised picture and quote of the day, please scroll down past my ramblings. It's there, I promise.

These ramblings of mine aren't to say, look what a great life I have, but rather a way for me to recognize how good this world is and hopefully to help you see it too. Nor do I claim my writings are particularly interesting. To have these things written out, if only for my own sake, is enough. So, enjoy it or not, it's up to you. And here I go.

Last night, a handsome Mr. H took me to "prom" at a local tavern and music hall with a few of our friends. The crowd varied from teenager to senior citizen, all decked out and wearing everything from freaky to fabulous. The music was great, no schmaltzy love songs, no rap, just music you could really dance to. There were no cliques, no royalty, no limos... It was everything you wished your real prom was. Thank you, Mr. H and friends, for the best prom ever. And thanks to the lovely Mrs. R for photographing the night.

And then today... Today was an Indian summer day--so warm outside if you closed your eyes, you'd swear it was August. I lay on the grass and reveled in the sunshine, lazily reading and doing a little studying. I met two new friends, ate cereal for lunch, and a got a great start on two papers. The day isn't even over yet. And, Pandora loves me today.

In exactly one month, I will be with my dear familia again, though I will hate to leave this beautiful place.

Life can't possibly be this good forever... can it?
_ _ _

Four lists of three:
  1. Things I Probably Should Care More Actively About (But Don't): Politics, germs, pollution
  2. Blogs I have recently loved: NieNie DialoguesOh Hello Friend: 101 in 1001 (and Other Friends' Lists on the sidebar), Clayton Austin Love Stories
  3. Other website of recent amusement: Various blogs of friends and dear readers, Go Fug Yourself (Hilariously snarky commentary on celebrity fashion), Mystery Google 
  4. Three of the four books (kind of five) I am currently reading: House of Leaves, Little Women, Jesus the Christ
Please, dear reader, what's on your four lists of three?
_ _ _


And now, I give you what you came for. 
Shoes off, lying on the grass, enjoying the blue...





"And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again."
 ~ Foo Fighters, "Everlong"

No comments:

Post a Comment