LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: 365 Days Project Begins Here

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

58. November 25

Oh isn't life just good?

Today's Gratitude List
(Continuing Until Thanksgiving)
  1. I am thankful for legs to take me everywhere.
  2. I am thankful I didn't find the road I was looking for today, because then I wouldn't have wound up where I did.
  3. I am thankful for Christmas music. Thank you, Lisa, for this wonderful mix I am now listening to.
  4. I am thankful to have run into friends today.
  5. I am thankful for an unexpectedly warm day.
  6. I am grateful for time.
  7. I am grateful for work I have to keep me occupied.
  8. I am appreciative of the Spell Check and Synonym features in Microsoft Office.
  9. I am thankful life leaves room for adventure. 
Today was beautiful. I was unable to find my intended destination, so instead I took a very, very long detour to a lake I had been once before. I stopped along the way at a book store and library and soaked in the feeling of all those books. I wandered through a bird watching garden and listened as geese called overhead, flying south in loose "V". And I laid on my back on a peer and basked in the blue--the blue water, the blue sky--oh it was incredible. On my walk home, by odd chance I ran into three friends, all going different ways. It seemed like just the right ending to today's adventure.

I am grateful for the life I live.
Sorry, I hope you don't mind a few extra pictures. It was a pretty day, okay?
Tomorrow, I'll be a good girl and stick to just a picture and quote of the day.




"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." 
~ Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. I love this quote and these pictures are beautiful. Isn't wonderful when we don't end up where we intended to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie these pictures really are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete